Lead is a highly toxic metal and was used in the past in many products such as exterior paints and pipes for plumbing and venting. Prior to 1980, lead based paints were used because lead, as an additive, made the paint pliable and weather resistant. Lead based paint can be a serious health problem, especially for young children who may chew on any fallen flaking paint chips off of old building materials or inhale airborne lead dust during renovation activities.
Lead poisoning can cause damage to a developing brain, nervous system, circulatory system and kidneys and can stay in your body for over 25 years following exposure.
Lead in Plumbing: Older homes and public buildings (such as schools) may have lead plumbing systems or lead solder in water pipes. We can send out the sample for analysis of total lead content and report back to you with lab results. Drinking water quality has become an increased public concern.
Hire our consulting and management services for:
- Lead Detection
- Lead Paint Collecting
- Lead Paint Removal
- Lead Content Water Management
- Abatement Risk Assessments
- Reporting and Monitoring